Angel Love



A fluff of dark brown fur
Tiny, crawling to find a teat to suckle
My first memory of you

New Year’s Eve
Fireworks: I protect you, I hold you tight
Your first memory of me

Our honeymoon: a trip to the mountains
Tiny puppy cuddled at my feet
Such a beautiful memory

Late-night role playing
Dice rolling everywhere
Food! You think … and swallow

Emergency surgery
Watching over you all night
A scary memory

Two, three, four … Boerboel
You, tossed around from one to the other
Another scary memory of you

Five, six, seven … Pekingese
Abused and afraid; you showed them peace and happiness
How proud I am of you

Eight, nine, ten … years
Jumping Jack no more
How calm you have become

Eleven, twelve, thirteen … time ticks
I call your name
It falls on deaf ears

Fourteen, fifteen, sixteen …
Old eyes see no more
Your paws shuffle through the house

Seventeen …
You’re an angel
You are Mitsukai

~ o O o ~

御使い (mitsukai) = angel

Comments